Trust in a Name
"I'd like you to know how grateful we are for your expertise and help with our difficult tax issues. You did a great job dealing with the IRS. Thank you."
Sylvia (Savings: $140,000)
"Dear Regis and Donald,
Thank you for helping me survive another tax year. 2007 ended as a year that I'd like to put behind me. Your command of tax rules/regulations, diligence with the process, and understanding along the way is appreciated. All the best to you."
Thank you for doing such a great job with my taxes. You made this very easy for me and I appreciate it. See you next year!
A farmer client of Donald E. Graves, CPA, LLC wanted to transfer his land to his son as a gift. The father was expected to pass away in six months. Donald advised to will the son 50% interest at the fair market value at death. This was at least a $500,000 increase to the son's tax basis and no estate tax to the father's estate. This allowed the son to pay lower taxes for several years after the inheritance and a deduction for as long as 15 years.
Our Client's Expectations Have Been Exceeded in the Past By:
- Creating a solution to a prospective client's $1,000,000 expected income tax liability. Savings exceeded $500,000 .
- Resolving Client/IRS conflict by amending tax returns; educating IRS agent in the process so that creative solutions would be accepted. Saved the client $95,000 .
- Analyzing client business practices, recommending changes, then seeing business go from net income of $35,000 to over $100,000 .
- Negotiating an equitable dissolution between hostile business partners. Averted a costly legal battle, saving thousands of dollars in legal fees .
- Changing Client's business structure to save over $6,000 per year in taxes, while providing greater asset protection from lawsuits.
- Providing financial data to the property tax assessor, reducing Client's annual property tax from $18,000 to $11,000 .